Dumpert (www.dumpert.nl) is the biggest media platform of the Netherlands. Dumpert grew from a small video hosting site 10 years ago to over 300 million visits per month today reaching over a quarter of the Dutch population monthly, and we are still growing at a tremendous pace. We’re an independent part of Telegraaf Media Groep.
We want to build Dumpert for the next decade besides working on our existing and future products within News-Media. For this we want to scale up our team with a senior back end engineer.
Our tech stack
Our home-grown CMS solution is currently used by our editorial teams to create content for millions of people. We use Python in the back end (Flask, Celery) and manage the front end with Jinja2 mix of ReactJS for complex use cases and ES6. We mostly use Heroku for hosting, and are gradually moving towards AWS. We practice completely automated deployment with single step deploys to production and staging. Peer code reviews and writing tests are very important to us.
Who you are
* CS degree and/or relevant web experience
* Python experience not mandatory, show us you are willing and smart to learn a new language
* Experience with devops – AWS, Docker, CI/CD, nginx, shell scripting
* Familiarity with video conversion tools like ffmpeg
* Fluent communication skills in English. Dutch is a nice plus
What we offer!
Access to learning materials, online courses, and books to level up your development knowledge;
All the latest gear and gadgets: MacBook Pro, iPhone, and anything else you might need;
Ability to work from home when necessary;
Who we are?
* An informal international work environment
* Relocation assistance regardless of where you are coming from: including visa support, 30% ruling and finding a place to live
* Access to learning materials and online courses – whatever you need to level up your career
* All the latest gear and gadgets: Macbook Pro (or alternative), iPhone and anything else you might need
* Flexible working hours and working from home
* Travel allowance and discount on your (mandatory) healthcare insurance
* 28 vacation days
News-Media is a young company that has become one of the most controversial publishers of the internet. As market leader on the target group Male 18-35, News-Media understands the needs and interests of its target group. Our rapidly expanding portfolio of titles & communities serves millions of audiences with high-profile content. We are 35 employees, seven teams, five titles and all in one building.
Apart from who we are we make sure we have fun as a team, with weekly drinks and different team events to celebrate the various new features we have added to our different products. Are you ready for News-Media and the challenge within a high-traffic environment where each day is different and were you will be working on the biggest video platform in The Netherlands? Join us now! Email email@example.com.
An online Assessment might be part of the procedure.